Does Monday morning excite you? If so, good for you(!), but that’s not where many of us live.
Our jobs challenge and (threaten to) consume us. So what does devotion to Jesus Christ look like in competitive—and often cutthroat and insecure—workplace environments? How about in painfully mundane ones?
In his new book, Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God’s Work, Tim Keller (with Katherine Leary Alsdorf) applies characteristic insight to the realm of our vocations. Exploring the meaning, purpose, and significance of work, Keller brings the gospel “world-story” to bear on our frustrations and dreams—and on pressing questions like:
• What is the purpose of my work?
• Why is my job so difficult? Is there anything I can do about it?
• How can I find meaning and serve customers in a cutthroat, bottom-line-oriented workplace?
• Can I stay true to my values and still advance in my field?
• How do I make the necessary, difficult choices in the course of a successful career?
To continue reading, please click here.